Practicum AI Intermediate Workshops
Building on the Practicum AI (Beginner) workshops, our Practicum AI (Intermediate) series provides a broad overview of the different kinds of deep learning systems in use today. The learning experiences in this series will cover the basics of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), Transformers, and Transfer Learning. Participants will gain practical working knowledge of these deep learning technologies through extensive hands-on exercises, supplemented with short presentations. The overarching learning objective of this series is to give you the understanding you need to know where and how these deep-learning tools ought to be used as well as problem domain application
The Practicum AI (Intermediate) workshop series meets virtually on Thursdays from 1:55 to 3:15 pm from January 20 to April 14. Each session will feature significant hands-on learning activities in addition to short presentations. Sessions will be recorded, but participants should be able to attend most sessions synchronously.
Participants in the Practicum AI (Intermediate) series should be proficient in basic Python programming and have a basic understanding of deep learning methods.
For the intermediate workshops, participants with the above pre-requisites can register for one or more topic sessions. Some sessions are a single day, others are multi-day sessions. It is our hope that people registering for multi-day sessions will attend all of the sessions for that topic.
- Introduction to Practicum AI Intermediate Series Workshops: January 20: 1:55-3:15: Register here.
- Convolutional Neural Network Series (3 weeks): January 27, February 3, and February 10: 1:55-3:15. Register here.
- Transfer Learning: February 17: 1:55-3:15. Register here.
- Natural Language Processing (2 weeks): February 24 and March 3: 1:55-3:15. Register here.
- Recurrent Neural Networks (2 weeks): March 17 and 24: 1:55-3:15. Register here.
- Transformers: March 31: 1:55-3:15. Register here.
- Generative Adversarial Networks (2 weeks): April 7 and 14: 1:55-3:15. Register here.